There Not All Gonna Be Winners 4/365

 Sysco In The House


I'm keeping this short. VERY short. I have COVID and feel like crap, and look, there isn't anything to really say about this piece of shit salad. This was made for me at the Cafe at The College of Saint Rose, where I work, which is run by Sysco, and it shows. It is a typical example of Sysco, but it was all I could manage given my schedule that day. It's in a plastic clamshell... The chicken was bland, the veggies old... and the dressing poured out of a jug. It's just utterly uninspired. There were things that could have made it slightly better - like blue cheese crumbles, and certain nuts, but they were out of those things. 

On the very best of days, I'm disinclined towards giving Sysco any kind of positive reviews - with the exception of a certain Thai Coconut Soup they used to make at Southern Vermont College - but in this case, I kind of get it. The College of Saint Rose has announced that it will close at the end of this semester, and as such I know Sysco is in the process of closing up shop. 

You can see it... There is already less staff, and the remaining staff fall into two categories: 

1. Just grinding it out...

2. Looking for the right moment to jump ship

Everyone here has a line out for a rescue plan, and the Sysco staff are no different. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is on a glide path to death and destruction, and a solid 90% are just mailing it in. 

So, this is what you get when you go across the street for a salad from The Camelot Room. Yep, that's what it's called. King Arthur would be less than impressed, and I am sure this horror would find no place on the round table. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Chef

A House Salad and The National Dish of Brazil

The Mighty Wedge